Specialists in designing engineering solutions that will leave a lasting legacy
At Ilifa we are committed to designing lasting solutions. We understand what is needed for the future. We design structures and systems that will work for tomorrow and for life.
Ilifa Africa Engineers is a South African owned consulting engineering firm that specializes in civil, structural and environmental engineering design. Since we began operating in 1981, we have grown a substantial client base and established a geographic footprint across South Africa and the African continent. Our head office is based in Pretoria in Gauteng and we have 10 design offices located across the country.
We work in a range of fields in the civil, structural and environmental sectors, namely
- Structural and Industrial Engineering
- Residential and Township Development
- Roads and Transportation
- Water and Sanitation
- Water Conservation and Demand Management
- Geospatial and Asset Maintenance
- Environmental and Waste Management
- Contract and Project Management
Our mission is to offer our clients sound engineering advice, quality service and financial accountability in an environment that offers equal opportunities to all.
P : Professionalism
I : Integrity
C : Continuity
S : Solutions-driven
We are committed to completing projects on time, within budget and in line with PICS, our four core values.
Integrity means the quality of fairness and moral fibre that is reflected in the Ilifa Board Charter and Code of Ethics which all Ilifa Employees are encouraged to aspire to. Ilifa executes its services with responsibility, accountability, fairness and transparency.
We apply a combination of science and engineering to successfully address environmental and sustainability challenges.
To this end, we are committed to the continuous improvement of living standards through sustainable infrastructure development.
- Extremely cost-effective, cost-transparent approach
- Flexible – able to operate within an existing Professional Resources Team (PRT) environment or create a new PRT
- Strict adherence to agreed time frames and deliverables
- Highly experienced Professional Resources Team (PRT)
- High standard of moral and business ethics
- Operating across South Africa, Africa and the Middle East
- Entrenched Quality Management System – ISO 9001 accredited
- Able to assist with Funding Procurement for selected projects
Ilifa Africa Engineers is in full compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements applicable to its services as well as environmental and occupational health and safety legislation in all the jurisdictions in which it operates.
Ilifa is a certified Level 2 B-BBEE supplier. We are fully B-BBEE compliant in accordance with the construction sector charter requirements. We also implement measures to exceed the stipulated targets.
We aim at working with clients who share our objectives, vision and direction. We focus on building relationships and achieving cost effective business partnerships, for the mutual benefit of all parties.
Our clients are located across Africa and include mining houses, local and district municipalities, private developers, water boards, provincial and national governments. We are proud of our long-standing client relationships with many major South African companies.
In order to contribute in a manner that will have a lasting impact, we participate in the upliftment of communities in the areas where we operate.
Ilifa is a member of the following associations:
- SA Institute of Civil Engineering
- South African Council for Engineering
- Consulting Engineers South Africa (CESA)
- Institute of Municipal Engineering of South Africa (IMESA)
- Concrete Manufacturers Association of South Africa
- Concrete Society of Southern Africa
- National Home Builders Registration Council
We have been honoured with the following awards:
- PMR Gold Award – Sedibeng Leaders and Achievers
- Sasol Synfuels – Outstanding Performance
- SA Institute of Steel Construction – Category Winner Community Development